Friday, May 4, 2012

The Writer Will Take Your Questions Now (#160) -- Least Written Genre

What literary genre is your least favorite to write?

Nope. don't expect to
see this one on my
shelf any time soon.

Wow. That's a question that goes straight for the jugular (or perhaps more effectively, the carotid), huh? But I'll answer it honestly.

Fantasy. Beyond A Wrinkle in Time, The Lord of the Rings, the Narnia books, and The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever, I've not read much fantasy at all. I don't mind mixing elements of fantasy in other works (such as in my story for Blackthorn: Thunder on Mars), but writing a straight-up fantasy story just isn't in me as a writer, I don't think. Especially not one with orcs and dwarves and elves and such.

Besides, there are already lots of fantastic fantasy writers out there, so I won't missed in that genre.

No comments:

Post a Comment